People working in fire and rescue services regularly risk their lives for others or go above and beyond the call of duty to keep their communities safe. You can show your appreciation by nominating someone for one of the below awards.
Nominate someone for a Queen’s Fire Service Medal
The Queen’s Fire Service Medal is an award specifically for firefighters and other operational staff in fire and rescue services. You can nominate someone for:
- being a positive role model
- having a distinguished record in the fire service
- transforming the way the fire service delivers its services
- doing challenging or innovative work to keep communities safe
- dealing with serious or widespread outbreaks of fire, or other serious public catastrophes
- making a service more effective, such as by saving money or improving the service in other ways
- excellent collaboration with other emergency services, leading to a positive outcome
- national fire and rescue service involvement
- excellent community engagement
- building strong local partnerships
Not all of the criteria above must be included in each citation; they are ideas which may help you identify a suitable candidate to nominate for an honour.
To nominate someone for a Queen’s Fire Service Medal, please email email@example.com.
Nominate someone for making a difference in their field
Empire Awards acknowledge people who have made a difference in their field of work or community – people who have gone that extra mile. Fire and rescue staff can be nominated for:
- Knight Bachelor, Knight/Dame of the Order of the British Empire (Kt, KBE, DBE)
- Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE)
- Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE)
- Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE)
- British Empire Medal (BEM)
Find out more about these awards on GOV.UK.
To nominate someone for an Empire Award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.